Monday, May 10, 2010

Across the Pond: One week left

I have decided to join the world of blogging in order to preserve the memories and photos that I will have this summer. I will be spending 6 weeks in London through the CAPA International Education Program. Words cannot express how excited I am to be able to have this once in a life time experience. I will be taking a class in European politics as well as interning with a non-profit organization called Tender that promotes women empowerment. I feel very overwhelmed right now, mostly because of packing. I've managed to fit almost all of my clothes into one big luggage. My plan on fitting everything else in a medium size luggage is not working so well. I know I will inevitably resort to using 2 big luggages plus a big carry on bag. Being a Florida girl, 60 degree weather equates to winter. I have decided to pack quite a few light sweaters since London's average temperature during the month of May-July is about 60 degrees Fahrenheit and a lot of summer clothes just in case it gets "hot." I guess it's better to overpack than to underpack. I just received information where I will be staying in London. The picture below is a glimpse of the surrounding areas of my London apartment in central London within Westminster.




“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine


No comments:

Post a Comment